SOUTH FLORIDA BAPTIST GENERATOR ADDITION.
South Florida Baptist Generator Addition
South Florida Baptist
Design & Engineering
Mechanical & Plumbing Construction
In an effort to become better prepared for the upcoming Hurricane season, South Florida Baptist knew they had to make system modifications to prevent the risk of hurricane destruction. The main challenge that South Baptist was experiencing was that their existing central energy plant was not backed up by a generator, which means if the central energy plant was damaged by a hurricane, the entire facility would be affected. The additional challenges on this project were:
- Our team had to shut down the main electrical service that feeds the central energy plant and intercept the electricity with new emergency equipment
- The facility had to remain 100% operational throughout the course of the project
- The project has to be done before the upcoming hurricane season
- We identified and added additional value by providing backup with the new generator to the hospital’s existing power system.
- Provided temp chillers to back up a central energy plant
- Coordinated extensive shutdowns & tie ins coordinated with on-site facilities management